Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cock-a-Roach

The night is calm. Night settling in steadily. Mummy soundly asleep, daddy wasn't home, sisters on her computer and watching TV. With my headphones on, I was 'busy' listening to songs while playing some games. Suddenly, the silence of the night was broken by the scream made by my sister.


"arrgh!! xiu keong ar!! feii gat jat argh!!" my sister screamed


"ah kien! come kill it!!" she pleaded


"where ?! where ?!" I asked, with the roll-ed newspaper on my hand ready for some cockroach-slaying act.

Soon my second sister came out too, looking excited, to kill the cockroach. After a few beats, the cockroach managed to escape into our room, under the bed. For a moment, we thought the cockroach escaped the mandatory death sentence enforced by the Choo's family. My sister then continue watching TV, ignoring the fact that the cockroach might creep out in the middle of the night and crawl into her mouth.

Minutes later, the flying cockroach flied out again, to the horror of my sister, it was just a mere metre away from her seat, on the wall, crawling away. This time, I was well prepared and with the cockroach well in my sight.

I aim at the cockroach with the newspaper roll as if the newspaper is some kind of an ancient sword or knife, hitting towards the cockroach repeatedly without mercy. After a few unsuccessful hits, the cockroach escaped and hide behind the luggage bag my sis just brought back from Sabah on her homecoming few days ago.

This time, my sister caught it, with the hulk-like palm and the newspaper slammed towards it, and let the pictures do the talking..

~R.I.P~

May the cockroach rest in peace and please do not come back here in your afterlife.

No comments: